"Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dash BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Wienerschnitzel" mit Kartoffeln und Blumenkohl




Breaded Pork Chops with boiled Potatoes and Cauliflower




4 thick boneless pork chops

3 - 4 medium size potatoes

1 fresh cauliflower head

1/2 cup plain bread crumbs

1 egg
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
salt/pepper

1 - 2 Tbsp butter or margarine (optional)
1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (optional)
Peel the potatoes and cut each into four pieces. Season the water with salt and boil them until tender. Meanwhile, clean the cauliflower head and steam it until the desired tenderness is reached. Now to the fun part. Put your pork chops on a large cutting board and tenderize them by using a meat tenderizer (I call it my hammer). Beat the meat until the pork chops are thin. I love that part because I can release all my anger on some innocent pork chops.
In a bowl scramble the egg and on a separate plate put the bread crumbs. First coat the pork chops with the egg by dipping it in the bowl and then coat it with the bread crumbs.
Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet and brown the coated pork chops until they are done. Season with salt and pepper. I love to eat my "Wienerschnitzel" with a little bit of cranberry sauce and I "butter" my potatoes. Enjoy!

0 comments: